Tenses exercise

Image result for images of tertiary students

Tenses exercise

Complete the following sentences using the simple past or present perfect tense form of the verb.
1. I ………………… the admission card. I ……………… it two days ago.
have received, received
received, have received
received, received
have received, have received
2. I ……………….. the fee. I ……………….. it only yesterday.
paid, paid
have paid, paid
have paid, have paid
paid, have paid
3. My uncle …………….. from the States. He ……………… on Friday.
came, arrived
came, has arrived
has come, arrived
has come, has arrived
4. I don’t think I will pass the test. I …………….. only nine questions.
answered
have answered
had answered
5. I ……………… non-vegetarian food.
never tasted
have never tasted
had never tasted
6. I ………………. my aunt two months ago. I …………….. her since then.
have visited, have not seen
visited, did not see
visited, have not seen
have visited, have not seen
7. They …………….. the construction two months ago, but we ……………… in only two weeks ago.
completed, moved
have completed, have moved in
completed, have moved in
have complete, moved in
8. When Rama ………………. to the forest, Sita and Lakshmana ……………….. him.
has gone, accompanied
went, accompanied
has gone, has accompanied
went, has accompanied
9. He ………………….. ill last month. He ……………. as yet.
fell, has not recovered
has fallen, has not recovered
fell, did not recover
has fallen, did not recover
10. I ………………… my aunt only once.
saw
have seen

Answers

1. I have received the admission card. I received it two days ago.
2. I have paid the fee. I paid it only yesterday.
3. My uncle has come from the States. He arrived on Friday.
4. I don’t think I will pass the test. I answered only nine questions.
5. I have never tasted non-vegetarian food.
6. I visited my aunt two months ago. I have not seen her since then.
7. They completed the construction two months ago, but we movedin only two weeks ago.
8. When Rama went to the forest, Sita and Lakshmana accompaniedhim.
9. He fell ill last month. He has not recovered as yet.
10. I have seen my aunt only once.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger