Phrasal verbs with call


Image result for images of university students

Phrasal verbs with call


Each sentence given below contains an incomplete phrasal verb. Complete the expression by supplying a suitable particle or preposition.
1. He is not in at the moment. I will ask him to call you ………………….. as soon as he arrives.
a) in
b) back
c) out
2. Jessica called …………………… yesterday when I was working in the garage.
a) back
b) in
c) for
d) out
3. If you are not feeling well, I will call ……………….. a doctor.
a) out
b) in
c) for
4. When the situation got out of hand, we had to call ……………………. the police.
a) for
b) in
c) back
5. They have called ……………………… the wedding.
a) for
b) off
c) in
6. I called ……………………. his name, but there was no answer.
a) in
b) out
c) for
7. Call me …………………. when you reach there.
a) in
b) up
c) out

Answers

1. He is not in at the moment. I will ask him to call you back as soon as he arrives.
2. Jessica called in yesterday when I was working in the garage. (To call in is to visit somebody.)
3. If you are not feeling well, I will call in a doctor.
4. When the situation got out of hand, we had to call in the police.
5. They have called off the wedding.
6. I called out his name, but there was no answer.
7. Call me up when you reach there. (To call somebody up is to telephone them.)
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger