Rewrite without get

Image result for images of tertiary students

Rewrite without get

Write each sentence using a word from the box in place of the one in brackets.
Acquired    Caught    Earned    Coaxed    Became
Scored    Received    Fetch    Understand    obtained
1. I (got) three hundred dollars last week.
2. I (got) a letter from my mother this morning.
3. Can you come and (get) me from the station when I arrive?
4. I didn’t (get) the joke.
5. In the first half, the striker (got) a goal.
6. While studying in Sydney, Rahul (got) a strong Australian accent.
7. The mother (got) the child to drink some of the milk.
8. During the trip, many children (got) ill.
9. Luckily we (got) the last bus.
10. They (got) a stay from the High Court.

Answers

1. I earned three hundred dollars last week.
2. I received a letter from my mother this morning.
3. Can you come and fetch me from the station when I arrive?
4. I didn’t understand the joke.
5. In the first half, the striker scored a goal.
6. While studying in Sydney, Rahul acquired a strong Australian accent.
7. The mother coaxed the child to drink some of the milk.
8. During the trip, many children became ill.
9. Luckily we caught the last bus.
10. They obtained a stay from the High Court.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger