Tenses worksheet


Image result for images of tertiary students receiving lectures


Tenses worksheet

Complete the following sentences using an appropriate verb form.

1. I ………………………. all novels written by Jane Austen.

a) read
b) have read
c) had read

2. She ……………………. before I ………………… her place.

a) left, had reached
b) had left, had reached
c) had left, reached

3. She ………………………….. here for six months.

a) has stayed
b) is staying
c) has been staying

4. I ………………………. to become a writer.

a) have always wanted
b) am always wanting
c) always want

5. Last night, there ……………….. an explosion near the castle.

a) has been
b) was
c) had been

6. I …………………….. her for a long time.

a) had known
b) have known
c) am knowing
d) know

7. He never …………………….. to his native place.

a) returned
b) was returning
c) had returned

8. He ……………………. by his grandparents.

a) raised
b) was raised
c) has raised
d) had raised

Answers
1. I have read all novels written by Jane Austen.

2. She had left before I reached her place.

3. She has stayed / has been staying here for six months.

4. I have always wanted to become a writer.

5. Last night, there was an explosion near the castle.

6. I have known her for a long time.

7. He never returned to his native place.

8. He was raised by his grandparents.

Please share this with others if you feel it's helpful.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger