Simple present or present continuous

Simple present or present continuous

Complete the following sentences using an appropriate simple present or present continuous form.
1. Trees ………………… their leaves in autumn.
shed
sheds
are shedding
2. She ……………….. in her room.
gets dressed
is getting dressed
3. Water ………………. at 100 degree Celsius.
boil
boils
is boiling
4. The postman ………………… letters.
bring
brings
is bringing
5. ‘Is dinner ready?’ ‘No I ………………….. it.’
cook
cooks
am cooking
6. I …………………. a meeting this evening
address
am addressing
is addressing
7. The scriptures …………………. us that we must strive to conquer our ego.
tell
tells
are telling
8. I ………………… for the test.
prepare
prepares
am preparing
9. The students …………………. on the project.
work
works
are working
10. My brother ………………….. his examination on Monday.
write
writes
is writing

Answers

1. Trees shed their leaves in autumn.
2. She is getting dressed in her room.
3. Water boils at 100 degree Celsius.
4. The postman brings letters.
5. ‘Is dinner ready?’ ‘No I am cooking it.’
6. I am addressing a meeting this evening.
7. The scriptures tell us that we must strive to conquer our ego.
8. I am preparing for the test.
9. The students are working on the project.
10. My brother is writing his examination on Monday.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger