Change statement into questions


Change statement into questions

A sentence that tells us something is a statement. One way it can be changed into a question is to usedo, does or did as the first word.
An example is given below.
  • My sister enjoys playing tennis. (Statement)
  • Does my sister enjoy playing tennis? (Question)
Make question sentences from the following statements using do, does or did.
1. My mother makes delicious cakes.
2. My sister works at a bank.
3. He spends a lot of time working on his computer.
4. My father goes to office by car.
5. The children practice the piano every morning.
6. Our team played well yesterday.
7. I met your dad yesterday.
8. He wants to go abroad.
9. Susie sings well.
10. Maya bought a new car last week.

Answers

1. Does my mother make delicious cakes?
2. Does my sister work at a bank?
3. Does he spend a lot of time working on his computer?
4. Does my father go to office by car?
5. Do the children practise the piano every morning?
6. Did our team play well yesterday?
7. Did I meet your dad yesterday?
8. Does he want to go abroad?
9. Does Susie sing well?
10. Did Maya buy a new car last week?

Notes

After do, does and did, we use the first form of the verb.
  • Does she sing well? (NOT Does she sings well?)
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger