Sentence correction


Image result for images of tertiary students


Sentence correction


Correct the following sentences.
1. He was angry therefore I said nothing.
2. This is my friend, he works with me.
3. I was trying to concentrate, at that time he was disturbing me.
4. I fired at the tiger, at that time he shook my arm.
5. This is my house, I live here.
6. This is a nice book, it might interest you.
7. This is my cousin, I was telling you about him.
Answers
1. He was angry, so I said nothing.
2. This is my friend who works with me.
3. While I was trying to concentrate, he was disturbing me.
4. As I fired at the tiger, he shook my arm.
5. This is my house where I live.
6. This is a nice book which might interest you.
7. This is my cousin about whom I was telling you.
Explanation
In a sentence you can’t have two main clauses neither separated by a full stop nor linked by a conjunction.
You can, for example, say:
This is my house. I live here.
But you can’t say:
This is my house, I live here. (The two main clauses must be either separated by a full stop or joined by a relative pronoun or conjunction.)
In the same way, you can say:
This is my cousin. I was telling you about him.
But you can’t say:
This is my cousin, I was telling you about him.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger