Present perfect tense exercise


Image result for images of tertiary students

Present perfect tense exercise

Write sentences in present perfect tense using the words or phrases given in each question.
1. Jane / return / from / office.
2. She / write / a novel.
3. He / act / in / ten films.
4. I / not / receive / your / letter.
5. I / never / hear /of that / place.
6. She / lose / her / money.
7. Look / what / john / give / me!
8. Police / arrest / 80 suspected / drug traffickers / in raids.
9. A 24-year old / woman / kill / in an accident.
10. Honey / I / lose / my keys.
11. I / answer / six / phone calls / since / lunchtime.
12. I / study/ hard / for years.
Answers
1. Jane has returned from office.
2. She has written a novel.
3. He has acted in ten films.
4. I have not received your letter.
5. I have never heard of that place.
6. She has lost her money.
7. Look, what John has given me!
8. Police have arrested 80 suspected drug traffickers in raids.
9. A 24-year old woman has been killed in an accident.
10. Honey, I have lost my keys.
11. I have answered six phone calls since lunchtime.
12. I have studied hard for years.
Notes
The present perfect tense form is made with has / have + past participle form of the verb. Questions are made by putting has / have before the subject. Negative forms are made by putting notafter has / have.
He has returned the parcel. (Affirmative)
He has not returned the parcel. (Negative)
Has he returned the parcel? (Question)
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger