Prepositions exercise

Image result for images of tertiary students writing examination

Prepositions exercise

Fill in the blanks with appropriate prepositions.
1.    I think we should apologize ……………………………….. him.
a)    To
b)    At
c)    For
2.    Do you believe ……………………………….. life after death?
a)    In
b)    At
c)    On
3.    When did you arrive ……………………………….. France?
a)    In
b)    On
c)    To
4.    Those books belong ……………………………….. the top shelf.
a)    In
b)    On
c)    Both answers are correct
5.    When did your interest ……………………………….. philosophy begin?
a)    In
b)    At
c)    On
6.    We had a long discussion ……………………………….. politics.
a)    About
b)    At
c)    For
7.    We might go camping – it depends ……………………………….. the weather.
a)    On
b)    With
c)    From
8.    My father never showed if he was disappointed ……………………………….. me.
a)    At
b)    With
c)    About
9.    People have always been very kind ……………………………….. me.
a)    To
b)    With
c)    For
10.    Could you explain this rule ……………………………….. me?
a)    To
b)    With
c)    At

Answers

1. I think we should apologize to him.
2. Do you believe in life after death?
3. When did you arrive in France?
4. Those books belong in/on the top shelf.
5. When did your interest in philosophy begin?
6. We had a long discussion about politics.
7. We might go camping – it depends on the weather.
8. My father never showed if he was disappointed with me.
9. People have always been very kind to me.
10. Could you explain this rule to me?
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger