Verb forms exercise


Verb forms exercise

Complete the following sentences using an appropriate tense form.
1. I ……………………. here since morning.
a) am waiting
b) have been waiting
c) had been waiting
2. It ………………….. raining since yesterday.
a) hasn’t stopped
b) didn’t stop
c) hadn’t
3. I …………………….. interested in metaphysics.
a) am always
b) have always been
c) had always been
4. They ……………………. in this street for twenty years.
a) have lived
b) have been living
c) Either could be used here
5. I …………………. to a foreign country.
a) am never gone
b) have never been
c) was never gone
6. Where ………………….. the sun rise?
a) does
b) do
c) had
7. I ………………… Susie Monday.
a) see
b) am seeing
c) Either could be used here
8. We ……………….. the money on the 15th.
a) are needing
b) will need
c) Either could be used here
9. ‘There is the doorbell.’ ‘I …………………’
a) am going
b) will go
c) Either could be used here
10. She …………………. half of her time traveling.
a) spends
b) is spending
c) Either could be used here

Answers

1. I have been waiting here since morning.
2. It hasn’t stopped raining since yesterday.
3. I have always been interested in metaphysics.
4. They have lived / have been living in this street for twenty years.
5. I have never been to a foreign country.
6. Where does the sun rise?
7. I am seeing Susie Monday.
8. We will need the money on the 15th.
9. ‘There is the doorbell.’ ‘I will go.’
10. She spends half of her time traveling.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger