Time expressions with the simple present tense: grammar worksheet

Time expressions with the simple present tense: grammar worksheet

We use certain time expressions with the simple present tense. Test your understanding of these time expressions with this simple grammar exercise.
1. I don’t like to get up early on ………………………. (Sunday / Sundays).
2. How ……………………… (often / much) do you go to the library?
3. I ……………………… (sometime / sometimes) visit my old friends.
4. I work best ………………….. (in / on) the morning.
5. I don’t sleep well ………………….. (in / at) night.
6. He enjoys taking a nap ……………………. (in / at) the afternoon.
7. Do you eat fish …………………… (in / on) Saturdays?
8. I usually have meetings ……………………. (in / on) Saturdays.
9. I often work ………………….. (at / in) night.
10. Kent is beautiful …………………….. (in / at) spring.
11. I don’t go to bed before 12 pm …………………… (in / at) night.
12. I don’t have breakfast before eight …………………….. (at / in) the morning.
Answers
1. I don’t like to get up early on Sundays.
2. How often do you go to the library?
3. I sometimes visit my old friends. (Sometime means one day. Sometimes means ‘on some occasions’.)
4. I work best in the morning. (We say ‘in the morning’, but ‘at night’.)
5. I don’t sleep well at night.
6. He enjoys taking a nap in the afternoon.
7. Do you eat Fish on Saturdays?
8. I usually have meetings on Saturdays.
9. I often work at night.
10. Kent is beautiful in spring.
11. I don’t go to bed before 12 pm at night.
12. I don’t have breakfast before eight in the morning.
Please share this with others if you feel it's helpful.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger