Combine using relative pronouns

Combine using relative pronouns

Relative pronouns are words used to combine two clauses into one. Besides combining the two clauses, the relative pronoun acts as the subject or object of the verb in the relative clause.
An example is given below.
  • The boy solved the puzzle. He was praised by the teacher.
We can combine these two clauses using a relative pronoun.
  • The boy who solved the puzzle was praised by the teacher.
Combine the following pairs of sentences using a relative pronoun.
1. The parcel reached me this morning. My brother sent it.
2. This is the house. Jack built it.
3. The boy didn’t do his homework. The teacher punished him.
4. He tells lies. He deserves to be punished.
5. I know a man. He wears a prosthetic leg.
6. Bring me the file. The file is on the table.
7. We met a girl. The girl had lost her way.
8. I saw a soldier. He had lost an arm.
9. Once upon a time there lived a giant. The giant was very powerful and cruel.
10. The dog bit the burglar. He was trying to break into the house.

Answers

1. The parcel which my brother sent reached me this morning.
2. This is the house that Jack built.
3. The teacher punished the boy who didn’t do his homework.
4. He who tells lies deserves to be punished.
5. I know a man who wears a prosthetic leg.
6. Bring me the file which is on the table.
7. We met a girl who had lost her way.
8. I saw a soldier who had lost an arm.
9. Once upon a time there lived a giant who was very powerful and cruel.
10. The dog bit the burglar who was trying to break into the house.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger