HAVE SOMETHING DOING


Image result for images of university classrooms

Have something done
If you 'have something done', you get somebody else to do something for you.
• I'm going to have my hair cut.
• She's having her house redecorated.
• I'm having a copy of the report sent to you
In informal English, we can replace 'have' by 'get'.
• We're getting a new telephone system installed.
• They will be getting the system repaired as quickly as they can.
• I got the bill sent direct to the company.
We can also use 'have/got something done' in situations where something bad has
happened to people or their possessions. This is not something they wanted to happen.
• John had all his money stolen from his hotel bedroom.
• We had our car damaged by a falling tree.
• I got my nose broken playing rugby.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger