GRAMMAR

Read the following text and answer the questions below:
The ad that follows me
We all know what’s at stake here. I’m not paranoid. A paranoid person is someone who thinks he’s being followed. I KNOW I’m being followed.
The other day I visited a website to check out a piece of jewelry for my wife. I liked one particular product so I found my way to that link. But I wasn’t really sure about it. So I didn’t buy it. A couple of minutes later, I logged on to my Yahoo e-mail account. And there, on the right side of the screen, was a little advertisement for the product I had just visited. I am being followed by a piece of jewelry.
I’m told the company that sells the jewelry doesn’t know my name. To them, I’m just a series of computer codes which allow a piece of software to follow me.
a. That follows: the s-form is used because the relative pronoun that has a singular antecedent. What’s: what is a pronoun
that behaves as third person singular. Is: the subject is a paranoid person, which is singular. Who thinks: the relative pronoun who has a third person singular antecedent (someone).
b. Was has been used because the subject (which comes after the verbal in this sentence) is a third person singular noun phrase.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger