PRACTICE SET

   Image result for hd images of group discussion                                 
1. The sceneries are beautiful. (Incorrect)                     
The scenery is beautiful. (Correct)
2. A seventy-years old man was driving. (Incorrect)                 
A seventy-year old man was driving the car. (Correct)
3. Any of these tool will serve the purpose.   (Incorrect)              
Any of these tools will serve the purpose.  (Correct)
 4.The picture of my brother is very charming. (Incorrect)
 My brother’s picture is very charming. (Correct)
5. I bought ten dozens apples. (Incorrect)                                                          
I bought ten dozen apples. (Correct)
6. I like eating fruits. (Incorrect)                                         
 I like eating fruit. (Correct)
7. I have decided to continue my study. (Incorrect)                                    
I have decided to continue my studies. (Correct)
8. The jury is divided in its opinion. (Incorrect)                                  
The jury are divided in their opinion. (Correct)                                    
9. Riches are a curse. (Incorrect)                                
Riches is a curse. (Correct)                                    
10.The pen’s colour is green. (Incorrect)                              
The colour of the pen is green. (Correct)                                    


SELF ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS
CORRECT THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES:
1. I have lost my spectacle somewhere.
2. A five-dollars note was lying there.
3. India played a great inning.
4. She has no offsprings.
5. The judge issued order.
6. Here are the news.
7. The pond is full of fishes.
8. My house’s roof is leaking.
9. No pain no gain.

10. Mother-in laws are seldom respected by their daughter-in-laws.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger