Overworked words – nice and get


Overworked words – nice and get

Write each sentence using a word from the given list in place of one in brackets.
[acquired, caught, earned, coaxed, became, delicious, handsome, enjoyable, scored, kind]
1. My sister (gets) two hundred dollars a week.
2. In the first half, the winger (got) a goal.
3. While studying in Sydney, Jane (got) a strong Australian accent.
4. She (got) the baby to eat some rice.
5. In the jungle, most of the men (got) sick.
6. Fortunately for her, she (got) the last train from Toronto.
7. Mother made a cake which was very (nice).
8. I think the male vocalist is (nice).
9. The three days I spent in Bangalore was (nice).
10. My father is always (nice) to visitors.
Answers
1. My sister earns two hundred dollars a week.
2. In the first half, the winger scored a goal.
3. While studying in Sydney, Jane acquired a strong Australian accent.
4. She coaxed the baby to eat some rice.
5. In the jungle, most of the men became sick.
6. Fortunately for her, she caught the last train from Toronto.
7. Mother made a cake which was very delicious.
8. I think the male vocalist is handsome.
9. The three days I spent in Bangalore was enjoyable.
10. My father is always kind to visitors.
Please share this with others if you feel it's helpful.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger