Adverbs of degree exercise

Image result for images of tertiary institution main gates

Adverbs of degree exercise

Fill in the blanks with appropriate adverbs of degree. Each question is followed by three suggested answers. Choose the most appropriate one.
Hints
We cannot use very with comparatives. However, we can use other words like much, far, very much, a lot, lots etc. Superlatives can be modified by much, by far and by other adverbs of degree such asquite.
Question 1
The situation is …………………………………. serious.
a) very
b) much
c) very much
Question 2
You are ………………………………….. kind.
a) too
b) too much
c) much
Question 3
Today is ………………………………… colder than yesterday.
a) very
b) much
c) much or very much
Question 4
My boyfriend is ……………………………………. older than me.
a) very
b) much
c) both answers are correct
Question 5
I have been to ………………………………….. too many countries recently.
a) very
b) rather
c) quite
Question 6
I like your dress ………………………………….
a) much
b) very
c) very much
Answers
1. The situation is very serious.
2. You are too kind.
3. Today is much / very much colder than yesterday.
4. My boyfriend is much older than me.
5. I have been to rather too many countries recently.
6. I like your dress very much.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger